It’s been a whirlwind for most of us, in light of the concerns and precautions engulfing our world. I am sharing mindful wisdom that I am practicing. Trying to live and share, respecting boundaries and health, during these unprecedented times:
- STAY INFORMED, BUT DO NOT FIXATE.
- ascertain information from minimally biased sources
- read news articles rather than social media blasts to slow down stress reactions
- gather information in moderation, compartmentalized amounts of time rather than news streaming – constantly – on the television, like white noise
- MAINTAIN A SENSE OF ROUTINE.
- enjoy your morning coffee, exercise, and shower? bravo, keep that up…
- consider a breathable, flexible schedule that spells out a few actions and engagements for the day
- now, more than ever, carve out time for art making
- if you are homebound, tending to loved ones, that is an obvious priority
- respect the priorities and boundaries of others
- if you are working from home, prioritize the essentials of the to do list – the rest of the world is doing the same, right now
- take stock of what your true priorities are, practicing a priority A v. B column, and let go of the B column til our way of life recalibrates
- with senses wide open, soak in extra moments with rapidly growing children or aging parents
- be grateful – exactly where and as you are, right now
- PERMISSION TO PAUSE, SLOWDOWN, HEAL, AND BE CREATIVE…
- we are too busy during those other days of 21st century standards, pause
- slowdown, that clean or that phone call or that evening story
- allow stillness and joy via gratitude, to provide deep healing properties
- create with novel materials already in your home (waiting to be repurposed), recreate your career, rebrand creatively….now, has never been, and you were made to BE, creatively in this moment.